The Hardy St. George is steeped in history. Named for the Patron Saint of England, St. George reels were first introduced in 1911 as a complement to the Perfect series and were in production in various designs and finishes until 1982 (including of course, the popular St. George ̢‰â?ÒJunior̢‰âÂÌ_ which was first introduced in 1928).
Today̢‰â?ã¢s St. George ̢‰â?ÛÏ made once again in Hardy̢‰â?ã¢s Alnwick factory in England ̢‰â?ÛÏ boasts all of the desirable features of the originals: rugged construction, silky smooth adjustable click-check drags, and classic styling including marine brass and nickel-silver alongside traditional natural agate line guards and the ̢‰âÂèÏIvorine̢‰â?ã¢ handle. In fact, the only change from the early reels is the use of bar stock aluminum construction, rather than the older and less durable cast aluminum.
Needless to say, we̢‰â?ã¢re delighted to have this Hardy classic available once again. Features
- Made in Alnwick, England
- All models available in left or right hand wind
- Available in two finishes, black and spitfire-grey
- Anodised 6061 barstock aluminium construction
- Supplied in soft, sheepskin lined leather pouch
- Available in two sizes ̢‰â?ÛÏ the 2 9/16? ̢‰â?ÒJunior̢‰âÂÌ_ and 3?
- Agate line guard set in nickel silver casing
- Ivorine type handle
- Interchangeable spools
- Wide ranging click-check drag mechanism
- 3 screws latch system
- Dovetailed reel back secured with 2 stainless steel screws