Paul Young Para 15 Bamboo Rod 8' 2/2


For sale here is a Summers-era Paul H. Young Parabolic 15 bamboo rod. Eight feet with two sections and two tips for a five or six weight line. Serial no. 4567 made in 1972. The rod is in excellent++ condition. All sections are full length and straight.

Classic PHY mottle-flamed cane with copper-colored wraps. Blued guides. The script, in Summers' handwriting, reads,

"Richard V. Rounds" 5/30/72
A Paul H. Young Co. Rod
"Parabolic 15" 8' 4 oz.

Garrison-style hook keeper. The cigar grip measures 6 1/2" in length with moderate soiling. Black aluminum down-locking reel seat over a cork spacer. The butt cap features the PHY maker's mark. The step-down ferrule fit is perfect. Bob made many rods in this time frame with these same ferrules rather than Super Z's. The rod weighs 4.25 oz. with both tips. The DRY tip produces a slightly faster action. The WET tip has a little more flex to it. Includes the original satin bag in wonderful condition as well as the tube.


Shipping Information
We ship at cost to the buyer and in the majority of cases do so via UPS with full insurance and signature. There are cheaper options but our experience has been that you get what you pay for and that it's not worth taking risks when shipping what are often one-of-a-kind items. Your shipping estimate will be calculated at checkout and if you have any questions please contact us. Please note the buyers are responsible for any applicable import duties or fees that may levied. Due to the importance of packing items carefully please allow up to two weeks for arrival (depending on how busy we are) though we certainly do our best to get items to you as expeditiously as possible.
Other Terms
Unless otherwise noted, all items come with a 3-day inspection period during which they can be returned to us for a full refund (provided that they are in the same condition in which they left our shop). Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. If an item is returned, we will issue a refund within 10 days upon receipt. Refunds will be either administered by providing a check or, when possible, by canceling a credit card purchase.